Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pumpkin's First Day of Swim Lessons

Ahhhh. We got through the first day of swim lessons yesterday and it was so much fun!! I was going to put him in swim lessons last year when he was about 14 months but then we moved to the valley and that was then end of that. I'm kind of wishing I had still done it though.

Anyway - it was interesting. Alejandro immediately wanted to get in the water when he saw it. But of course we had to wait for the instructor to call attendance and go over some rules but our son would just not hear it!! He wanted to get in the water...and NOW!! He started pitching a fit and I had to step back so the other parents could hear. After a little scolding he finally calmed down and in we went!! He started giggling the minute he got in.

He did great! We blew bubbles (which freaked him out when he took some water in) then we did some kicking exercises with some kick boards and he loved it all. The one thing he would NOT do was float on his back with me holding him. Nope. He just wouldn't have it. But all in all it was a fun experience. He came home starving after 45 minutes in the pool. It was the perfect end to our day. And to think - we have 9 more lessons to go!! There will be pics later but I need someone to come with us to snap a few since I'm in the water with him. I think abuelo and abuela are coming one of these days - but then I need to teach one of them how to use the digital camera and that is another post in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment